The Hermanos Serdán International Airport is located in the municipality of Huejotzingo and serves as a hub for the metropolitan Puebla area.
ASA (Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares) is the company that runs the airport's operations. ASA is a government agency that works in coordination with the Government of the State of Puebla.
At least 240 thousand travelers have departed from or arrived to the Puebla air terminal during the first six months of 2021 according to ASA's statistics.
Read also: Puebla candies, a colonial heritage
Routes operating to and from Puebla
Despite being the fourth biggest city in Mexico, the Puebla International Airport only has one terminal, where all the national and international arrivals and departures are located.
From Puebla there are currently 5 domestic routes, each has different schedules and are operated by different airlines.
- Cancun. The flights to the Mexican Caribbean are operated by two airlines: Volaris and VivaAerobus. Between both airlines, 19 flights per week depart from Puebla.
- Guadalajara. VivaAerobus is the only airline to offer this route with two flights weekly, every Thursday and Sunday.
- Monterrey. Volaris and VivaAerobus currently operate this route with 8 flights a week. Aeroméxico also serves this destination, but their flights are canceled due to the pandemic.
- Los Cabos. This route is suspended due to the pandemic, and there is no set date to fly again.
- Tijuana. Volaris offers flights to Tijuana twice a day every day of the week except for Tuesdays and Saturdays, when only one flight is available.
When travelling to Tijuana you can cross over to San Diego via the CBX Border.
As of today, only one international route is served from the Puebla International Airport and the destination is Houston, Texas.
United Airlines serves this route with a daily frequency to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Previously, flights to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York and Panama City have departed from Puebla, but these routes were eventually cancelled.
Location of the airport
Puebla International airport is located 35 kilometers away from the city center.