There are multiple options of places to donate hair in Puebla, since there are associations, programs and campaigns that are dedicated to it, with the purpose of creating wigs for people who want it after losing their hair due to an illness.
According to Cancer Center Tec 100, an oncology care center, one of the main sectors to whom these donations are directed are cancer patients, since chemotherapy and radiotherapy are procedures that have as a side effect the loss of hair.
Therefore, it is important to support with hair donation, as some benefits for those who receive the wigs, are:
- Raise the patient's confidence and self-esteem, which will directly influence their mood and therefore their immune system.
- Are designed to promote perspiration and are hypoallergenic, making them very comfortable to wear.
- Look natural, which gives them confidence for your everyday life.
In Poblanerías we gathered information about places where you can donate hair in Puebla..
Cruz Roja Puebla
At the facilities of theRed Cross of the municipality of Puebla, located at a Avenida 20 Oriente #1002, San Francisco, you can go to donate hair, where they only ask for the following requirements:
- It must be delivered in a braid or in a ponytail
- Hair should be 20 cm or more in length
- It must be clean and blunt
- Must be delivered inside a paper bag with the name of the person who donates.
To make the donation, it is necessary to call 241 411 5857.
At the Children's Rehabilitation and Inclusion Center (CRIT) Puebla, which is located at Perseo #5320, Tlaxcalancingo, they receive hair donations, for the manufacture of wigs for girls, boys and young people.
Their requirements, are:
- The strands must be than 30 cm long.
- It must not have been bleached or dyed.
- It must be clean and completely dry, fastened in a braid.
Rizos de Amor y Alegría A.C.
It is a national association, which usually makes hair donation campaigns in Puebla, is dedicated to creating custom wigs for children suffering from chronic or long-term hair loss, for any type of condition.
Its purpose, according to the same association, is to provide children with comfortable and high quality wigs, using natural hair donated by the general public.
These requirements must first be met:
- Lenght. The hair to be donated must be at least 30 cm long. If you have curly hair, then the length is measured by extending it
- The hair must be in good condition, i.e. healthy. It cannot be oxygenated or bleached, dyed or permed
- If the hair is curly, then the length is measured by extending it
- The person interested in donating must be of legal age or have parental permission.
Recommended to read: Pasaje del Ayuntamiento, from "filthy" to "beautiful"
Through their Facebook page they announce when there are campaigns in different states, such as Puebla, you can also go to the Happy Cut children's beauty salon (located in Centro Mayor, Calzada Zavaleta #1108, local 6, Santa Cruz Buenavista) and they deliver the hair to the association.
However, you can also choose to send it on your own, and then you must follow the following instructions:
- The hair to be donated must be a minimum of 30 cm from tip to tip.
- When cutting the donor's hair, make sure that everything is placed in the same direction, i.e. from tip to root. It is important that it is not mixed in opposite directions as it cannot be separated and therefore is no good.
- One option is to make a ponytail or braid before it is cut (if it is not layered) and cut it all off.
- The hair must be clean and completely dry at the time of shipping.
- To get the hair to them, wrap it in newspaper and place it inside a plastic bag along with your donor form.
It is a program derived from the Banco de Tapitas, where oncological wigs are created free of charge to girls and adult women throughout the country. For this purpose, hair or monetary donations are received to pay for the elaboration of the wigs.
The requirements are:
- The hair must not be dyed, layered or damaged; if it is the case it must be blunt.
- It must measure at least 30 cm, already braided, as this allows them to occupy more than 90% of the hair that was donated.
Sometimes they have campaigns in Puebla to go to donate, although interested people can also send it by mail in a sealed envelope to the address: Filipinas #403, Colonia Portales, C.P. 03300. Mexico City. It is important that the envelope be marked "Banco de Tapitas - Movimiento Rapunzel".
Translated by: Karla Giselle Bonales Ramírez